Growing up around fast food I knew that I would end up working in the food service business. I’ve been quite interested in working in food service ever since middle school. I was finally offered a job at McDonald's where I worked as a cashier. Although I only worked there for several months I learned a great deal about being a disciplined worker.


As a cashier my main duties were to take orders and prepare the customers trays for them. I generally excel in faster working environments, mainly because I feel more comfortable working in these conditions. I am a very fast learner and pay close attention when receiving important information. My other duties were janitorial duties. I would make a routine check of the lobby and make sure it was spotless. The routine check would usually include wiping tables, sweeping, collecting trays, emptying garbage’s, and mopping.


In order to be a cashier you have to have good people skills, such as keeping eye contact, being friendly, reasonable, and cooperative. Being a member in a great youth group has allowed me to develop these skills greatly. I have also developed great listening skills from weekly sermons and tend to use all of these skills to the fullest. In the food service business you have to deal with all sorts of characters, some more kind than others. Those who aren’t so friendly are difficult to deal with but with my prior work history I have dealt with a handful of disgruntled customers. A win-win solution is always the best way to solve a conflict-resolution, and I can assist in finding a win-win solution.


I should be chosen for this position because I can only benefit your business, and I will bring a good attitude and swagger to work everyday, along with a handful of useful skills and a smile.

1 comments:

BR Grammar For College said...

Your personal statement was very well written. I followed it very easily and could see where you were going. I believe that you deserve a 5 on this.